In this blog, we provide tips for getting through Blue Monday (and other sad days). We also tell you more about our Blue Monday weekend promotion. Read on quickly!
It's (sadly) almost here.... Blue Monday! Monday, January 17, is the most depressing day of the year according to English psychologist Cliff Arnall. The meaning of Blue Monday has come over from the United States and people are said to be gloomy on this day for many different reasons. Good resolutions that didn't work out, the cold weather and the lack of the coziness of the holidays are among the reasons that this day is said to be the most depressing. To cheer you up this Blue Monday weekend, you will receive a Lightbox A6 black with your order from € 25!
We'd also like to share some tips to help you get through this day:
- Smile! If you put on a smile, you automatically start to really laugh; this has been proven by scientific research. You produce endorphins, also known as the happiness hormone, which makes you happy, how cool!
- Make a positive things list! What have you done recently that makes you happy or proud? These can be small things like a delicious coffee or that you finally hung that one painting at home, but also that compliment you received from the neighbor or your colleague may certainly be on the list!
- Give a compliment! Especially today, give extra compliments to strangers, friends, your partner or colleagues and you will see that you will get them back. Getting compliments is often good for your mood. You happy, the other person happy, everyone happy!
- Bring something sweet to work! If you bring a treat like a cake or cookies to work you will see that you have a more enjoyable Monday than usual and you will make your colleagues very happy as well.
- Get a good night's sleep! Go to bed an hour earlier and get that extra rest. Going to bed early will make you feel better, considering too little sleep is a major cause of not feeling good about yourself.
- Workout! Exercising for at least half an hour will also release endorphins and thus automatically make you feel better.
- Make nice plans! You can already make a nice plan for next weekend or for a weeknight this week. Plan something fun, go to the movies with friends or take a long walk through the woods or park. Visit friends for a drink or cook together, make something nice out of it!
- Vacay! Start thinking about a vacation. Maybe it's still far away, but already looking online at various destinations and hotels or apartments will certainly do your mood good.
- Last but definitely not least: take a moment for yourself at home in a place where you feel calm and at ease. For example, put a motivational quote on your lightbox and switch on your Cotton Ball Lights light string together with some nice scented candles, read through your positive things list and enjoy the peace and atmosphere that the black lightbox and the Cotton Balls light string radiate!
Of course, it's just a normal (mon)day and these tips are good for all days! Before you know it, it will be Tuesday again and a bright spot this weekend is of course the black A6 lightbox that you will receive for free with an order from € 25! Do some shopping & have a happy Blue Monday!
Be the first to comment...